Best Place to Find Low Prices - Discontinued Gear

Thursday, July 22, 2010

CILA Summer League - Week 7 Results

Holy twofer Batman! I actually managed to pick not one, but both winners in last night's CILA Summer League games. I even managed to nail the scoreline! Unprecedented. Too bad I was secretly hoping that the game one scoreline would have been reversed...
Game 1 - Mi Casa Rustic Furniture 6, Wellspring Parable 10
History has proven that we have had issues finishing. Specifically I have failed to put the ball in the net. When I made the predictions yesterday, I had no idea that we would be missing any players, let alone some of our key guys. Miska, Aukes, Blay, Kaufmann, Steele, and Strachan were all MIA last night. A few Lightning players filled in for us at defense and attack. We were also fortunate to have a visiting midfielder, form University of South Dakota laxer Nate aka Professor M. His ability to run was a big help in the second half.
Ben Couch was a big help as he scored at least a couple for us. Van Dyke and Johnston made extra special efforts on the field and found the back of the net. Although I was held scoreless, I did manage to get a couple of decent shots and was more effective than I have been recently. I did manage to get a penalty for a hit on defender Jamie Tornberg; it was retaliation for making me run hard...
The Young Guns played in typical fashion. Their defense was on the spot and stingy. Taylor was pretty solid despite having not played for three weeks. The ball moved effectively around the midfield and attack. The only thing slowing the team down was the bad mojo from Zielonko's Buddha's Ballers Pro7. The bucket looked strangely out of place...
It was a well fought game and the Young Guns definitely earned their victory.
Game 2 - Lightning Wear 7, Clark Physical Therapy 2
I will be honest, I did not see much of this game. Zielonko and Burk both volunteered to ref so I set about doing a ball search (we ended up losing two). Along the way I got sidetracked talking to Nate and then a neighborhood resident. The gentleman lives roughly behind the goal and has been watching us off and on throughout the season from the comfort of his driveway. Gotta say, sitting out with a cold beer to watch some lax doesn't sound half bad...
One thing I did notice was that the field was much quieter than usual during the 6:45 game. There also seemed to be fewer shenanigans. Wonder why that was - almost like somebody was absent...
From what I did see, Clark played much better than the scoreline. Goalie Fitch was making some great saves on hard shots; this game tied for the fewest goals scored by the Bolts (7). The Bolts' ability to possess the ball seemed to confound Clark, which may have been the difference.

Tribe 7