Best Place to Find Low Prices - Discontinued Gear

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

FSU vs Miami

When I was younger, I loved Florida State University. Part of it, no doubt, was the shared color scheme with my high school. As I got older, I followed the 'Noles less and less in favor of the Florida Gators. Technically, I can cheer for both teams most of the time as they are in different conferences (ACC and SEC, respectively). The one thing that has not changed is my utter hatred for the Miami Hurricanes.
Last night's game was the latest chapter in a series of spectacular season openers between the ACC foes. I do not have much time this morning, but let's just say that if you missed the game, you missed an instant classic. The back and forth game had at least six lead changes and a very high score.
Without watching, one would assume that defense was a mere afterthought. In reality the defenses for both teams were very tight and productive; the fourth quarter interception by FSU was returned for a touchdown. Against most teams, the defenses would have looked better on the final score sheet. In this game, both defenses fought against extremely high powered and potent offenses.
In the end the unranked Hurricanes defeated the number 16 Seminoles 38-34. But the fans were the real winners...

Tribe 7