Best Place to Find Low Prices - Discontinued Gear

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Sometimes I Know What I'm Talking About!

Last week I posted about the Machine being a travel team this season. At that point we already knew about the games in Virginia Beach and Rochester. From there I speculated about the other cities that would be announced.On Thursday, the Major League Lacrosse website announced that the Machine will play in Pittsburgh during the third week of the season. They will host the Chesapeake Bayhawks at Robert Morris University. RMU is the city's lone NCAA D1 program and Joe Walton Stadium is one of the newest fixtures on campus.In the "Close but no cigar" column, the MLL also announced the location of the Machine's ninth game - Columbus, OH. I had predicted a game in Ohio, but I opted to go with Cincinnati over Columbus because the league already visited Columbus back in 2002. The Machine will host my beloved Long Island Lizards at Columbus Crew Stadium. On a side note, I had previously planned to attend the Week 9 game in Chicago. Once I secured tickets, I planned to hook up with some Lizards for beers after the game. Columbus is a lot further away and Ohio generally, but maybe I can still convince the wife to go. If the Crew are in town, I might be able to get in touch with an old friend...

Tribe 7