Best Place to Find Low Prices - Discontinued Gear

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Hockey Night In Iowa 2010 Edition - Game 2

Tonight is the second week of the Alien Bucs C League. After declaring free agency in the off season, I have left Cup O' Kryptonite and joined Irwin's Bike & Sports. The Irwin's team let it be known right away that I would play in my usual spot - Center.
Last week, we got off to a rocky start and allowed two goals per period. Although we only scored once, we took several high quality shots. I fired a succession of six rapid wristers at Alien's Bast in the second period only to be stonewalled repeatedly. This keeps Bast as the only goalie in the league that I have never scored against.
Last week's 6-1 performance against one of the league's most seasoned teams is definitely respectable. Heck, it took me a whole period to figure out which stick felt right. We are a fairly new team with somewhere between 1/4 and 1/2 of our team moving up from D League this season. We need to build communication and learn each other's names still. As the season progresses, I am sure we will find our rhythm and gel. After all, Cup had a pretty good losing streak to kick off last year and look where that got us...

As always, the action starts at 7:15 at Buccaneer Arena. Tonight we play Yankee Doodle Dandy Tattoo. YDD is always a tough team and will be looking for a win after going down to my former teammates last week.

*I apologize for not posting prior to last week's game. There was so much going on that I simply did not have time. I will do my best to keep this up to date, though I may falter when Box Lax starts in favor of that league.

Tribe 7