- Grades 5-8
- Six on six
- Short sticks only
- No checking
- No goalies - tarps will be used
- Possibly using box goals
- Teams will be coached by high school players/staff
- Pregame practice/warm up
- 13-15 man rosters. The goal is to eliminate players subbing between teams. We want to keep players only playing for their team. We are also hoping that this allows us to create five or six teams. High school and adult players. Current middle schoolers will be in the youth league.
- Eight on eight - Goalie, two defenders, three middies, two attack. Up to three long poles allowed on the field at any time. Due to absences last summer, we ended up playing this format several times; it seemed to work well and opened up the games a bit. This should also help limit the effects.
- Teams will be shifted from last year to accommodate the new roster structure. Despite initial thoughts to keep teams in tact, ALL ROSTERS MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
- There will be a referee schedule with a two man crew working each game. We may have two games going at a time (depending on the number of teams) so multiple members of a team may be reffing).
- Every effort will be made to avoid double headers and a cancellation/make up plan is in the works.
- The current plan is to order reversible jerseys again, but we may be going with a different company based on feedback last summer. We are exploring using a different primary color for each team. Once again we are interested in sponsors for the teams and are open to allowing *appropriate* team names (Gargoyles, Young Guns, etc). At this time, we plan to order all of the jerseys to ensure that all players have them.
- The anticipated cost should be similar to last year, so expect around $30 to cover the jersey and ball fee.
- We will be using orange balls as always.
Other items have been discussed. Once we get everything finalized, a comprehensive list will be posted on the blog and website. An email will be sent out as well.
And yes, we are considering dropping the box for an MLL style two-point arch.