Best Place to Find Low Prices - Discontinued Gear

Monday, April 20, 2009

Iowa vs Iowa State

Getting home from Omaha around 11:45 on Saturday night, I was not sure I would be up to driving to Iowa City on Sunday morning. The weather was predicted to be overcast, windy and in the 50s. The possibility of rain loomed over the day. Still, I was anxious to watch our two largest universities on the lax field.

I woke up around 8:00 and my wife called our friends to confirm they were still going with us. After some breakfast, we left at 11:30 and made the boring trek to Iowa City. Gray skies and blustery winds began to make us weary of our journey.

Since I rarely go farther than Williamsburg, I didn't exactly know where I was going once we got to Corallville. The Hawkeye lax team's directions didn't exactly help things as some of their road names differed from the city's road signs. Luckily we got there about half an hour early; we needed that time to find the fields...

Fortunately the Iowa State vs Kansas State game just wrapped up as we finally made it to the fields. Thsi gave us time to get settled and use the rest room. I found out that ISU managed to beat KSU (although the MCLA website has not been updated with the result). The Hawkeyes also beat the Wildcats on Saturday.

Iowa State kicked things off early with three rapid goals and our section cheering madly. Then league-leader Alex De La Penna got a hold of the ball...

It was a tightly contested back and forth game which literally came down to the last second. In the final two minutes or so, the Cyclones were down by two and managed a tally to cut the lead in half. As the clock wound down, ISU drove to the net and ripped several quality shots which bounced off of posts and players. Their final shot was snatched by the keeper as the horn signaled the end of the game. The final score: Iowa 12, Iowa State 11

I took some pictures, but most were on our friends camera as our died in the first quarter. When I get a chance to see what I have, I will post them. The Hawks are done for the year and I wish the Cyclones luck as they wrap up their season next week.

Tribe 7