Best Place to Find Low Prices - Discontinued Gear

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Imitation is the Sincerest Form of Flattery

With the first night of the Central Iowa Lacrosse Association's inaugural season of Box Lacrosse rapidly approaching, I have to admit that I am getting pretty darned excited. Now that the stressful part is done (aka making sure we have enough money), all I can think about are the games themselves. My wife is sick of hearing me talk about playing and, to a lesser extent, reffing the games.
With that I have been thinking about the games and the season as a whole. I wonder how the whole thing will turn out. Which team will win it all and which team will be sent to the minors? When I made the schedule, I thought about which games will be the most competitive. I think I created a fairly balanced league, but even the best laid plans can fail.
My friend Joe, of Alien Hockey fame, runs the adult hockey league I play in. Every week he makes predictions - usually using absurd criteria - for that week's games. Lately Joe has been on a tear, not only predicting the winner, but the goal differential. In tribute to everything Joe has done with hockey, which I hope to emulate with lax, I am toying with the idea of making weekly predictions for the box league. As they say, "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
With that, I ask all of you who will win the league. Will it be Drake, composed of college guys and anchored by a former Ithaca College (NCLL) goalie? Maybe ISU with its core of alumni? The youth of Valley? The melting pot of experience among the Demons? The poll is open now, my prediction will come next week...

Tribe 7