Best Place to Find Low Prices - Discontinued Gear

Saturday, October 10, 2009

I Hate Global Warming

I mean, global warming is the reason for such heavy snow in the early part of October, right? The month is not half over so global warming is the only plausible reason for it to be 30 and snowing instead of 55 and raining, right? They only hand out Nobel prizes for things that actually happen, right? Ignoring this global warming-caused unseasonal snow would be acknowledging that the whole thing is an inconvenient truth, right?
Because of what I will refer to as Al Gore's Inconvenient Weather, Valley's lacrosse tournament in Lincoln was canceled/postponed. Unfortunately we all got up early, met at Southwoods, and started heading west. Luckily one of the other coaches (thanks, Parker) caught us before we were out of Dallas County. We turned around and headed back to West Des Moines. I am upset for a lot of reasons.
1. We did not have out lacrosse tournament today. We have been preparing for this tournament since school started. Zach has been exclusively focused on it for a couple of months. I have been looking forward to it - this was the highlight of my fall. I love coaching lax almost as much as playing and love watching lax almost as much as coaching. As a coach, I love the opportunities to interact with my players and scout opposing teams. Now that is down the crapper today.
2. I still woke up extremely early (5:30) on a Saturday. I did nothing last night to ensure a good night's sleep since I knew I had a full day ahead of me. Waking up early on Saturday is like pounding Jaeger in church on Christmas - it's just not right.
3. I went out in the snow for nothing. Between getting gas, figuring out who is riding with whom, talking to parents and players, and other miscellaneous crap, I probably spent an hour outside this morning. It is freaking cold.
4. Mostly I am upset that our ignorance of Mr. Gore's incredibly entertaining Nobel-prize winning documentary caused us to make it snow in October. If only we had listed to the former Vice President earlier, perhaps we would be wearing flip flops and bard shorts now. I am sorry sorry Mr. Gore; I will do my part to stop global warming so that we never have to deal with early October snow again!

Tribe 7