Best Place to Find Low Prices - Discontinued Gear

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Second CILA Toss Around & Practice

Last Saturday was such a success that we are doing it again this week! Before I mentioned that we would like to do it again, but I am now confirming the event.
We will meet on Saturday, February 7 at 12:00 PM (noon). Once again, we will be at Valley High School in the East Parking Lot on 35th/Valley West Drive. Park in the Northeast corner of that lot (or where ever the other cars are) to avoid getting a window broken or your hood dented. Last Saturday we stayed for two hours so I anticipate doing so again. I recommend gloves and helmets if you have them, but you do not need them. We will most likely play Ultimate Lacrosse and working on fundamentals. This is an informal event open to anyone who is interested in playing lacrosse!
Saturday's predicted high is 44; last week it got up to around 50 despite a prediction of 41. Definitely dress in layers as you may be too cold initially in shorts and a t-shirt and too hot later in a sweatshirt and pants. Depending on the weather and melting over the next couple of days, we will most likely play in the parking lot. If the ground is somehow clear and dry, we might try playing in the grass. Just in case, I recommend wearing shoes for the concrete and maybe bringing cleats.

I spoke to Slapshot Hockey in Windsor Heights about getting lax gear. They said they are considering it since they already have deals with Warrior hockey and Cascade helmets. Both companies make gear for the ice and the field. If enough people express interest, they will move to get stuff in stock.

Last night was the first official practice for the Valley/Waukee High School club. I am not nearly as sore as I thought I would be. I am surprised at how many my out of shape body out sprinted. I do not know if that is good or bad...
Since that team does not have a website or anything, I plan to keep track of their information here. However, I am also thinking about using a sports specific site that I have access to. For that reason, I have opened up a poll on the CILA Links Page (for space reasons). Let me know if you think the team should have a dedicated website.

Tribe 7