Best Place to Find Low Prices - Discontinued Gear

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Way to Go Polk County!!!

I contacted the Board of Supervisors after I read the news about the Schlegels' plans for the Chops. This is the response I received:

"Thanks for the email. I appreciate your input into this matter.
I think it's fair to say that the Board is committed to one level of hockey and one level only: AHL triple AAA professional hockey. This is the view not only of Polk County but our management partners, Global Spectrum, as well.
I have nothing against the CHL or any of its fans, players or cities. However, I believe our commitment was to field a triple AAA team and that remains our objective.
The short term of this complicated matter may not look very pretty, but bear with us. Our long term objective is to have a stable NHL affiliated AHL team taking the ice at Wells Fargo. We continue to work with Global, the current operators and the AHL League office to resolve this matter satisfactorily for our taxpayers.
Thanks again for your email Much appreciated.
Robert Brownell
Clive, Des Moines and West Des Moines"


Added 6/17: Just one reason why Polk County (and all of us) do not want to take part in the CHL.

Tribe 7