Best Place to Find Low Prices - Discontinued Gear

Monday, May 11, 2009

Iowa Chops Email

I know, I know - I'm supposed to be sticking to lax as much as possible. But I'm a huge hockey fan as well and an avid supporter of the Chops (& the Stars before them). By now we all know that the Schlegels have screwed up again and not paid the Ducks - despite Anneheim giving us the best roster we've ever had in Des Moines. I just got this email from Iowa Chops President Steve Nitzel pleading with us to be patient:
Hello again. I would like to let our fans... make that our best fans, (our season ticketholders) feel at ease about the recent news regarding our affliation situation. I believe it’s the fans who take the biggest blow and that hurts me personally as I consider myself one of the biggest fans on the planet.In a move to show our commitment to customer service, the Iowa Chops have put a 30-day hold on the season ticket renewal deadline (was June 15th, now July 15th). I want to assure all of our fans that we are working feverishly to solve our current situation as quickly as possible. In the meantime, if you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at 515-564-8700 or myself directly at 515-564-8720. You can also send me an email. Thank you for your support of the Iowa Chops!
Steve Nitzel


I love watching AHL hockey in our great arena. I love even more that the team has always been our marquee tenant (rather than the NBA Duh-league and minor league minor league football), but I'm sick of the Schlegels' crap. We need some owners that give a damn about our city and hockey's future here. If only some local ownership would just step up!
I guess I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed for the powerball jackpot...

Tribe 7